A global center for art, fashion, gastronomy and culture .. what's not to love about Paris!
Turning our Parisian dreams into their reality, August founders Jenna and Charley spent some time inhabiting this amazing city. For a few months they were able to call PARIS their home, something most of only fantasize about. While living in Paris (nbd), they discovered amazing places and secrets (like eating at all the best restaurants in town during lunch for a taste of Paris's incredible chefs at a fraction of the price). Below Jenna shares her tips and recommendations on where to eat, where to shop, and what to wear!
1. Rose Bakery in the Marais is a nice respite from all the heavenly (but heavy) French meals you'll be eating. This place is beautiful and has healthy options for breakfast and lunch.
2. Verjus has exceptional food and company that is equally lovely. Behind the now defunct Hidden Kitchen are two married America ex-pats that cook, serve, and run the place. The downstairs area is a must for small bites and amazing wine recommendations.
3. Briehz Cafe for buckwheat crepes in the Marais and the best butter you'll ever eat from Normandy.
4. Tartes Kluger in the Marais, don't leave without trying the dark chocolate with sea salt tarte.
5. Poillard for wonderful bread! Go during lunch for an open faced sandwich.
6. Helene Durose is one of France's great chefs and one of the few female chefs to get her level of recognition. Have a curated "bento box" style for lunch at half the price!
7. Lili's Brownies in the Saint Germaine for when you just need an American style, take-away latte.
SHOP: Merci! It's gorgeously curated and constantly changing. Home goods, gifts, clothing, jewelry, accessories - you name it, it's here. They've also got an amazing cafe that is perfect for pre or post shopping. And all store proceeds benefit various charities.
We also reccommend Collette, Isabel Marant, Carven, Surface to Air, Vanessa Bruno, APC and the shops in the Palais Royale.
WEAR: The Marais Tote was the very first bag created for August and continues to be a bestseller! It was inspired by the time founders Jenna and Charley spent living in Marais, where they would wander the streets of Paris day and night, shopping for groceries in the Bastille and at the farmers market on Boulevard Richard Lenoir. From these experiences, they created an effortless, chic market-friendly tote - The Marais!